You can use a house party to:
- Educate friends who may not know about human trafficking and what they can do to help.
- Invite people to sign the petition.
- Ask people to make a donation to TFHT. Every little bit helps!
- Have fun!
Here are some instructions on how to host a house party.
Invite friends. You could say something like this: "I'm having a party and I'd love for you to come! Good food, good friends, and a good cause… Helping end human trafficking. Just a few minutes of the party will be spent discussing what people can do to help this cause. I hope you can come! Here are the details…" Make sure to invite friends at least a week in advance. We recommend sending an email about the party with the time and place details to be sure that people don’t lose them.
Gather materials to distribute at the party. Feel free to print up anything from this site. Check out our downloads page and FAQs. You can either distribute the materials personally or put them in a well-visited place (e.g. next to the drinks).
Have your party! Remember to take pictures! Somewhere during the party, ask your guests to listen to your pitch about trafficking and the importance of helping Israel rid itself of this problem. Keep it brief and keep it simple.
You might say something like: “I believe that Israel should be a world leader in the fight against human trafficking. There is a great deal that needs to happen before we can make that possible. All of us can play a role by changing attitudes, speaking out, and acting to stop this human rights abuse.”
End with your three requests:
- "Please join me in signing the petition." Pass around the paper petition that you've printed up and/or have your computer on and connected to the TFHT website for people to sign online.
- "Please take the time to learn about the problem and what you can do to help. I’ve left materials on the table and you can learn more by visiting TFHT’s website."
- "Please make a gift to support counter-trafficking work. Every little bit helps!" Your guests can make a gift online—have your computer connected to the TFHT website—or ask them to write a check. Make the checks payable to: ATZUM-Task Force on Human Trafficking.
Follow up! Make sure you thank your guests for coming.
Drop us an e-mail to tell us about your party. Be sure to send us pictures as well. If you distributed a paper petition, you can either type in the information on our website or send it to us by fax at 011-972-2-566-7722. Send any checks you collect to: ATZUM (Task Force on Human Trafficking), P.O. Box 252, Youngsville, NY 12791.